[c-nsp] QOS on ASR9K

Alex william alex.william21 at outlook.com
Mon Oct 5 02:04:18 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a physical interface of 10G with several subinterfaces. I want to add
a QoS limiting the bandwidth of each subinterface.

My need are:
The physical interface has a bandwidth of 2Gbps. I have a total 12
subinterfaces, 6 subinterfaces should be limited to 200Mbps each, 5 should
be limited to 100Mbps, And the last one should be limited 300Mbps. In case
of saturation, each subinterface should allow management IP with highest
priority.

I tried the following configuration:

Classes to match each vlan:
class-map match-any vlan10
 match vlan 10
 end-class-map
class-map match-any vlan11
 match vlan 11
 end-class-map
class-map match-any vlan12
 match vlan 12
 end-class-map

A grand parent policy map of 2Gbps:
policy-map QoS-2Gbps
class class-default
shape average 2Gbps
service-policy parent

The parent policy:
policy-map parent
class vlan10
service-policy child
shape average  200Mbps

The child policy:
Policy-map child
Class Mgmt
Priority level 1

Class class-default

I added the grand parent policy to the interface in output direction. But
traffic is matching only class-default. When I checked, the match vlan only
works in ingress traffic and I want to limit only egress traffic.

I tried a different approach by creating a parent QoS of 200Mbps, 100Mbps
and 300Mbps and added it to each subinterface but I am limited to only 8
queues ID so am being able to apply it only to 2 subinterface.

The router is an ASR9K, with low-lined 10Gbps card and IOS version: 4.2.1

Can someone help please?

Regards,
Alex