[c-nsp] QOS on ASR9K

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Mon Oct 5 06:13:00 EDT 2015

Hi  Alex,

on the 9k you can check out shared policy instance for this.
" Using SPI, a single instance of qos policy can be shared across multiple subinterfaces, allowing for aggregate shaping of the subinterfaces to one rate. All of the subinterfaces that share the instance of a QoS policy must belong to the same physical interface. The number of subinterfaces sharing the QoS policy instance can range from 2 to the maximum number of subinterfaces on the port."

So you can have a 2G shared policy and single subinterface policies like this

service-policy output customerlimit shared-policy-instance interfacelimit

Brian