[c-nsp] Peering Router/Switch

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Oct 5 06:46:16 EDT 2015

On 5/Oct/15 12:22, Nitzan Tzelniker wrote:

> Why not virtual router ? > You only need a standard server and a licence > This way you can
start at lower rates and upgrade later but stay with modern platform > >
In cisco you can take CSR1000v ( up to 10G ) or XRv (not sure about
performance ) > and in Juniper vMX (up to 40G )
I thought about that, but considering the OP wants to push more than
1Gbps, some tuning will be required as Pshem and others mentioned on
this list before. This may or may not add complexity to the OP's
deployment, considering that a server + CSR1000v + VM license can make a
case for just going with a metal router.

Mark.