[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus as MetroE switch?

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri Oct 16 09:28:12 EDT 2015

> On Oct 15, 2015, at 2:16 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>
> Personally, I'd stay away from this switch because it runs Broadcom
> chipsets, meaning that some of the usual features you're used to in
> Junos will not work.

Such as?  I know that Trident was not a good fit in this environment for the reasons you state here, but I felt that Trident II and Trident II+ made some inroads with more of these features.  Admittedly, I haven’t looked at this in a while, so I don’t know where things stand these days (and have no idea about whether Tomahawk is step forwards or backwards).