[c-nsp] Cisco Nexus as MetroE switch?

Nathan Ward cisco-nsp at daork.net
Sat Oct 17 00:26:01 EDT 2015

Hi,

I’m surprised no one has yet mentioned Juniper ACX - or at least I couldn’t see it in a quick scan of the thread.

These look like a good metro-e/MPLS box as an alternative for ME3600X, and at a good price. The 5K variant, which is where you’d be looking, have 48/96 1G/10G interfaces, and 6x40G. The 1/10G interfaces are 1G for free, and 10G per port with a license - note that the cost per port is the same on 1/8/16/etc. port bundles so you can grow as you need. The 40G are free.

I believe it is the same hardware as the QFX, but different software.

I’m about to order a handful so can report back on how well they work.

--
Nathan Ward