[c-nsp] Limiting bandwidth from specific source

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Oct 20 03:21:42 EDT 2015

On 20/Oct/15 09:15, Vijay S wrote:

> Google will deploy ggc node only if you have more than 1gig Google
> traffic .

This is not a hard & fast rule.

> Also you your upstream provider has ggc node its not hard to identify
> them as those nodes use only one pool of /26 ip addresses.

Again, not cast in stone. I've seen different prefix lengths in the wild.

Also, note that in some markets, GGC traffic may be hitting a network
from a peer, and not an upstream.

The best way for the OP to check where his Youtube traffic "could be"
coming from is:

    http://redirector.c.youtube.com/report_mapping

But even this is not a sure thing, as Google will serve video from a GGC
node based on several factors such as latency, if the video is cached
there, how many times the video is being requested, the DNS resolver in
use by the client, e.t.c.

Mark.