[c-nsp] Tail drops on ME3600 with shaping policy

Spyros Kakaroukas s.kakaroukas at connecticore.com
Thu Sep 17 05:00:05 EDT 2015

We use it on core-facing links for classes where it makes sense ( ie, not real-time classes ) . As far as customer services are concerned, we've only had to manually adjust the queue depth only a couple of times, for some special cases with special requirements. Since it's so rare, I haven't included it as a default in any policies so far. However, no two networks are ever exactly the same, so your mileage may vary.

As far as the ASR920's are concerned, I *think* they make the same default buffer space allocations as the ME3600s, while their total buffer space is even less.

My thoughts and words are my own.

Kind Regards,

Spyros