[c-nsp] SFP-10G-LRM in Nexus 5000

Crist J. Clark cjc+cisco-nsp at pumpky.net
Thu Sep 17 20:01:02 EDT 2015

So it took a while, but someone hit on it, and I wanted to emphasize
the point in case some other poor soul runs into this issue.

10Gbase-LRM modules are not supported on Nexus 5000 platforms.

The story I got is that the Nexus 5000s lack the Electronic Dispersion
Compensation (EDC) which is required to fully support LRM.

Since we'd been using these on our Nexus-to-Nexus links for the last
few years, I never thought to check the 10G module compatibility matrix,
but if you do, they are not listed for any Nexus 5000 models. We've
swapped them all out for SR optics on these new links. Those worked
without problems (except for some fiber pair rollovers).

--
Crist J. Clark