[c-nsp] Unintentional load balancing of traffic

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:17:21 EDT 2015

Thanks for the response Daniel - Much appreciated....answers inline:

>What is your auto-cost reference-bandwidth set to?
>Show ip ospf | i Reference

That command give me zero output unfortunately:

#Show ip ospf | i Reference
#

>How many routers are between this one and the router where the route is? Do
>you have Gigabit or 10 Gigabit links?

To the example I provided, there would be 3 intermediary routers (It was just to show as an example of the load sharing to a remote IP)

To provide "better(I hope)" details, here are sh ip route results from the PE, for the 2 loop addresses on the PE's it directly connects to(No intermediary routers)....note both links are physically 1Gb (But rate limited to 100 Mb and 50Mb by upstream link providers...link bandwidth is not referenced on our side in Int configs, nor is any shaping being done)

Interesting, we only see dual paths for one of the PE's:

sh ip route xxx.xxx.xxx.204
Routing entry for xxx.xxx.xxx.204/32
  Known via "ospf 100", distance 110, metric 202, type intra area
  Last update from yyy.yyy.yyy.208 on Port-channel1.26, 1w3d ago
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * yyy.yyy.yyy.208, from xxx.xxx.xxx.204, 1w3d ago, via Port-channel1.26
      Route metric is 202, traffic share count is 1

#sh ip route xxx.xxx.xxx.205
Routing entry for xxx.xxx.xxx.205/32
  Known via "ospf 100", distance 110, metric 203, type intra area
  Last update from yyy.yyy.yyy.204 on Port-channel1.17, 20:01:25 ago
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  * yyy.yyy.yyy.208, from xxx.xxx.xxx.205, 1w2d ago, via Port-channel1.26
      Route metric is 203, traffic share count is 1
    yyy.yyy.yyy.204, from xxx.xxx.xxx.205, 20:01:25 ago, via Port-channel1.17
      Route metric is 203, traffic share count is 1

The PE's (.204+.205) are directly connected also, and have OSPF+MPLS running between them, with no ospf cost adjustment

Let me know if you require the additional information you requested in the previous e-mail? Or does the info above provide what is needed?

Thanks again for your help.