[c-nsp] Unintentional load balancing of traffic

Raymond Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Fri Sep 18 04:43:36 EDT 2015

> Link 1 (primary) has ip ospf cost 201
>
> Link 2 (secondary has ip ospf cost 202
>
> But traffic egressing from this PE is load balancing(per session) across
the
> 2 links?
>
> If I do a sh ip route foo, it displays both paths, known via OSPF and
route
> metric of 205?

Hazarding a guess:  you have explicit costs assigned to the local links of
201 and 202.  But as OSPF is a link vector protocol, all costs between local
interface and destination interface are added together.  So when you add the
cost of all links between source and destination, they must add up to 205 on
each of two paths.  And thus get load balanced.

believed to be clean.