[c-nsp] L2VPN Configuration on ASR920

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:14:45 EDT 2015

Hi Everybody

Recently, we purchased ASR920. We want to establish L2VPN connection between
this router and other PE router which is Cisco.

IP/Routing and MPLS is fine. L2VPN connection is established but there is an
issue.

The traffic does not enter L2VPN but it exits it when it is sent by remote
PE.

I used this configuration on ASR920:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/4

no ip address

media-type auto-select

negotiation auto

service instance 1 ethernet

  encapsulation dot1q 2631

  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric

  xconnect 10.234.233.29 2631 encapsulation mpls

And this what I have when CE on remote PE pings CE on ASR:

ASR920#show mpls l2transport vc detail | include totals

    transit packet totals: receive 9, send 0

    transit byte totals:   receive 828, send 0

I hope you can help me in this regard

Thank you