[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Router Related

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 21:18:57 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'd have to agree with the other couple of responses thus far.

We run 7600's around the place and our current planning focus is on what we're going to be migrating TO (away from 7600) in the next 12-18 months. Having said that, we have put in one or two additional 7600's this year, but we already have a bunch of them and the reason for adding extra's is that we understand them really well and are not quite ready to migrate to something new just yet.

One of our main reason for moving to something new is port density issues (10G ports).

The 7600's are quite cheap to pick up 2nd hand though (comparatively).

In regard to your actual question, I would use the ES20+ cards over the SIP-600. You'll get more Gig ports and better throughput (less over-subscription). Cisco says you do need that license although technically the box will run without the license (ie. it's honour system).

You said you're wanting to migrate to the 7600, what are you migrating FROM ?

regards,
Tony.