[c-nsp] HP Procurve intervlan routing

Jeroen van Ingen jeroen at zijndomein.nl
Mon Sep 28 12:00:43 EDT 2015

>> is anyone have experience with routing between vlan for hp procurve
>> switch's cuz i have a project to do with this switches so if can anyone
>> recommend to me what the best to configure i already making the routing
>> between vlan in the firewall and i need to move it to distribution switches
>> if you have any recommendation it will be great.
>
> I could point out the reason that we're on the *cisco*-nsp list is that
> we don't want to touch HP switches.  Not with a 10-foot pole.

What "we" are willing to touch or not is not really relevant IMHO;
speaking for myself, the bugs I've found in ProCurve gear were no worse
than what I've found in Cisco product lines. And with both: support is
best if you know (or can reach) the right people.

That said, the question is still pretty much out of scope for this
mailing list. I suggest the OP looks at HP support forums and reads the
switch documentation. Hint: enabling IP routing and running a routing
protocol isn't that difficult on these switches... for the YouTube
generation there's even video tutorials on the subject.

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands