[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 Router Related

Shoaib Farhan farhan.shoaib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:27:33 EDT 2015

Look at asr 9001 and 1006. asr 9001 looks more promising. Asked for price
to our vendors. Lets what they will say.

We have asked for the below product. Do I need any licensed for running
MPLS?

*Product Name                                  Part number*
ASR 9001 Router with 4 x 10 GE       ASR-9001
20 x 1 GE Modular Port Adapter      A9K-MPA-20x1GE
AC Power Entry module                  A9K-750W-AC

Can you give me short feature difference between IOS and IOS XR.

As for ASR1000 it will be very costly. we have the below set

chassis + RP2 + ESP-40 + Line Card/ SIP+SPA.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se>
wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 2015, Shoaib Farhan wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We are going to migrate to 7600 series router and after some study we came
>> to below sets for router. We would run L2/L3 MPLS VPN, VPLS, BGP, IPv6,
>> OSPF, Netflow. Traffic would be over 2 gbps and we need few 10G ports and
>> scope for future growth and also consider cost.  Which set would be the
>> better?
>>

> If you're buying the ES or SIP cards for the 7600, then you might as well
> start looking into ASR1k and ASR9k (as others have suggested), because most
> likely the price difference is going to be small and you'll get
> hardware/software that is going to be supported for a lot longer time.
>
> --

Regards,

Md. Shoaib Farhan
<http://www.telnet.com.bd>