[c-nsp] 4500X in VSS - Upgrading IOS XE

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Apr 6 08:42:08 EDT 2016

> On Apr 5, 2016, at 7:20 PM, CiscoNSP List <CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Disconnecting VSS/removing VSS/VSL conf was a recommendation from TAC(For a non ISSU upgrade)....which sounded like a very unusual requirement lol.....hence my question here.
>

> cheers

I think ‘unusual’ is an understatement.  Tearing down the VSL/VSS defeats the purpose of building it in the first place.

I have done the ISSU procedure on a 4500X VSS and it was successful.  The environment was all connected/static though - so it was very easy and essentially 0 ‘blip’.

If you have routing protocols running - it would be nice to see NSF work in this scenario.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: