[c-nsp] blackholed traffic on ether-channel

Hunter Fuller hf0002 at uah.edu
Thu Apr 7 17:15:31 EDT 2016

Look out for SY2!! We were on that release when we rolled out our
Cat6807s in 2014 but there was a gross bug where a malformed mDNS
packet could crash the sup! We had a quad-sup VSS at this time and it
crashed all four within a minute! I'm unsure if this was VSS specific
but I did get confirmation that it wasn't quad-sup specific.

We are now on 15.1(2)SY4 and life is good... for now...

--
Hunter Fuller
Network Engineer

Office of Information Technology