[c-nsp] mpls and etherchannel

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Wed Apr 20 12:51:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

     I have 2x 200mbps microwave links connecting switch 'a' to switch
'b'. I have a port-channel configured and I currently get an acceptable
split of traffic based on source / destination address mac hash.

     I am now looking to deploy mpls in this portion of the network and
I am concerned that I will no longer get much of any traffic split since
the mac address of the frames will largely be the mpls sender / receiver
and not much of any diversity here. I have read that the solutions would
be ecmp, but then I am worried about the possibility of packet
re-ordering...? The links themselves are direct point to point and I
don't anticipate that one would be any faster or slower than the other,
I just don't know what to expect or if there is something else I would
look at for this situation?

Thanks.
Mike-