[c-nsp] mpls and etherchannel

Alireza Soltanian soltanian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:06:19 EDT 2016

Hi
As far as I know these are irrelevant. When you use MPLS  you still need to
have IP connectivity. What is your MPLS application?
L2VPN or L3VPN or TE?
On Apr 20, 2016 9:24 PM, "Mike" <mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com>
wrote:

Hi,

    I have 2x 200mbps microwave links connecting switch 'a' to switch 'b'.
I have a port-channel configured and I currently get an acceptable split of
traffic based on source / destination address mac hash.

    I am now looking to deploy mpls in this portion of the network and I am
concerned that I will no longer get much of any traffic split since the mac
address of the frames will largely be the mpls sender / receiver and not
much of any diversity here. I have read that the solutions would be ecmp,
but then I am worried about the possibility of packet re-ordering...? The
links themselves are direct point to point and I don't anticipate that one
would be any faster or slower than the other, I just don't know what to
expect or if there is something else I would look at for this situation?

Thanks.
Mike-