[c-nsp] ASR1006 IOS-XE-03.16.03.S - minor problem

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 3 07:20:40 EDT 2016

On 3 August 2016 at 12:32, Jens Sandberg Andersen <jsa at its.aau.dk> wrote:

Hey,

> After upgrading my asr1006 to version 03.16.03.S, my network management system (HP OpenView v 9.0) can no longer do a proper hardware inventory.

It is possible that someone will be able to answer to you. But if you
can do bit research on your end, your chance of receiving help will
increase significantly, as not many people are using HP NNM. Now you
need person who knows IOS-XE+HP NNM, and you can reduce this to a
person who knows IOS-XE.

What MIB are you polling? When you walk it manually in old and new
IOS-XE, what differences you see? tshark/tcpdump may be your friend
here.

ENTITY MIBs are in flux, so I'm not very surprised about issues. There
are multiple standard versions and there are vendor proprietary ones.

--
  ++ytti