[c-nsp] CSCuy29638 - MPLS (for IPv4) Brokenness Fixed - ASR920

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sun Aug 7 06:53:32 EDT 2016

On 6 Aug 2016, at 20:31, Charles Sprickman <spork at bway.net> wrote:
> Being primarily a sysadmin, it’s always perplexed me why IOS binds services to every active interface by default and provides no simple configuration directive to specify which interface a service (ntp, ssh, tftp, snmp, etc.) should listen on.  This is the norm on *nix since the ’90’s.  Even if some daemon listens on all configured IPs, there’s going to be a config option to the daemon to specify which IP to bind to.

More to the point, are either the mgmt plane ip stack or the bgp ip stack on ios truly vrf enabled yet?  Saku is right to say that true oob would be the real step forward, but a good middle ground would be feature parity between vrf / global context mgmt plane functionality, ala nxos. The slow progress on ios towards this goal always made me wonder what level of hackery was going on under the hood.

Nick