[c-nsp] CSCuy29638 - MPLS (for IPv4) Brokenness Fixed - ASR920

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Aug 7 07:10:44 EDT 2016

On 7 August 2016 at 13:53, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
> More to the point, are either the mgmt plane ip stack or the bgp ip stack on ios truly vrf enabled yet?  Saku is right to say that true oob would be the real step forward, but a good middle ground would be feature parity between vrf / global context mgmt plane functionality, ala nxos. The slow progress on ios towards this goal always made me wonder what level of hackery was going on under the hood.

I have very little hopes that global being special case goes away any
time soon, CSCO and JNPR are still introducing new things where VRF
and Global are relevant. So to take this road, you'd have to put
Internet in VRF and leave global for signalling/MGMT. Lot of people
are doing this, and I'd probably do it too, if I'd have greenfield.

--
  ++ytti