[c-nsp] ip device tracking on IOS-XE

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:38:29 EDT 2016

Sebastian,

> Any ideas how that makes sense? How to disable device tracking globaly? For
> what use device tracking could be beneficial anyway?

I agree it does not make sense to be unable to disable it, which I
believe you cannot.  It is my understanding per the documentation that
device tracking is to assist with RADIUS CoA for Dot1X or something
like that.

I have nearly one hundred little switches on which this behavior was
relatively recently introduced and had to update our configs as
recommended because every once in awhile a Windows client would get an
IP conflict error.

Good luck,
Nathan