[c-nsp] ACE30 Config

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:07:24 EDT 2016

In bridge mode the ACE does not participate in spanning-tree, it forwards
BPDUs merging the two vlans.(101 & 102)  So a spanning-tree recalc will
occur for vlan the merged vlan, ~50 seconds. So the cmds are safe but there
will be a brief outage, is that what you meant?

Setting the default route on the rservers to the vlan 102 GW address will
ensure traffic flows through the ACE.

Mike

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Chris Knipe <savage at savage.za.org> wrote:

> Thanks Mike.
>
> There's no existing svclc's on the 6500, so vlan-group 10 is unused.  I
> was mainly concerned that the 6500 would stop switching VLAN101 after it's
> been assigned to the svclc.
>
> Just wanted to get confirmation on that before I drop all my traffic
> accidentally :-)
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:20 PM, harbor235 <harbor235 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Config looks good for the 6500 portion of the config as long as the vlans
>> you have specified for vlan-group 10 are unused?
>> I also assume you have created the vlans as well?
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Chris Knipe <savage at savage.za.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> Quick question... I'm about to install my first ACE30 into a 6500
>>> (SUP720)... Just a quick question about the svclc if I may...
>>>
>>> I already have VLAN101 with all my rservers (currently in production,
>>> being
>>> fed from a old LB we'll be replacing with the ACE30).
>>>
>>> I created  a new VLAN102 which will be used for the customer facing leg
>>> of
>>> the ACE...
>>>
>>> Config:
>>> svclc vlan-group 10 101,102
>>> svclc module 1 vlan-group 10
>>> svclc multiple-vlan-interfaces
>>>
>>> Are those commands safe?  I'm not sure whether or not the switch will
>>> drop
>>> traffic to VLAN101 which is currently doing some 2Gbps in traffic.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Chris