[c-nsp] ME3400G EVC / bridge-domain config

Rutger Bevaart rutger at netnova.nl
Wed Aug 17 04:47:32 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I’m struggling with the ME3400G and my google-fu is failing me.

I have a Q-in-Q tunnel with a few different S-VLANs that I want to terminate into a bridge-domain, effectively doing EVPN/VPLS in a single ME box and hiding all customer specific VLAN information while still bridging. I would like to do something like:

interface gi3/1
 service instance 1 ethernet TESTEVC
  description link1
  encapsulation dot1q 1201
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 10
 !
 service instance 2 ethernet TESTEVC
  description link2
  encapsulation dot1q 1202
  rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
  bridge-domain 10
 !

Now I’m looking for this in the 3400G but unable to figure out how and I’m getting the idea that the box cannot do this (limited to dot1qtunnel configs).

Any ideas or example configs?

Cheers,
Rutger