[c-nsp] ME3400G EVC / bridge-domain config

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:00:22 EDT 2016

Hi Rutger,

> I have a Q-in-Q tunnel with a few different S-VLANs that I want
> to terminate into a bridge-domain, effectively doing EVPN/VPLS
> in a single ME box and hiding all customer specific VLAN
> information while still bridging. I would like to do
> something like:
>
> interface gi3/1
>  service instance 1 ethernet TESTEVC
>   description link1
>   encapsulation dot1q 1201
>   rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
>   bridge-domain 10
>  !
>  service instance 2 ethernet TESTEVC
>   description link2
>   encapsulation dot1q 1202
>   rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
>   bridge-domain 10
>  !
>
> Now I’m looking for this in the 3400G

This can only work on a EVC capable box, because it requires mac learning per service instance. You can achieve this if you use a different bridge-domain for each customer vlan though.

On the ME3400E you can rewrite 1:1 with "switchport vlan mapping <vlanid-wire> <vlanid-network>" or dot1Q tunnel with "switchport vlan mapping <c-vlan> dot1q-tunnel <s-vlan>", but you cannot map multiple vlans on the wire to a single vlan on the network (unless you dot1q tunnel, of course).

Regards,

Lukas