[c-nsp] STM-1 over MPLS using ASR920

George Giannousopoulos ggiannou at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:48:12 EDT 2016

Hello all,

Has anyone ever tried to transport transparently STM-1 over MPLS using
ASR920?
Can you share your experiences and any issues you have possibly faced?

Consider the following topology

SDH #1 <=> ASR920 #1 <==MPLS==> ASR920 #2 <=> SDH #2

ASR920 supports the A900-IMA4OS which could be one solution.
(
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/tdm/atm-xe-3s-asr920-book/configuring_atm.html
)

It also supports the TSoP Smart SFP (
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/tdm/tdm-asr920-book/tdm-asr920-book_chapter_0100.html
)

All relative documents I've found aren't clear enough on what is supported
or not, and why I should choose one over the other, but maybe it's just me
not being familiar with TDM..

I had some discussions with our account team at Cisco, but I'd appreciate
some input from the community too.

Thanks
George