[c-nsp] coap http enable on a WS-C3850-12XS running 03.07.04E

Sebastian Beutel sebastian.beutel at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Aug 18 11:01:05 EDT 2016

Dear list,

    since today we've been running our first WS-C3850-12XS (notice the X) on
our network, with an "IOS-XE ...03.07.04E" running on it. There is no other
version than 03.07... available and ..04E is the suggested release.

In it's configuration i found the line "coap http enable" for which i can't
find any documentation. I know that CoAP is one of a new IoT protocol
(rfc7252) so i decidet that it's of no use for me right now and i therefore
want to disable it.

Turned out, that a "no coap http enable" does not give an error message nor
does it change anything. "coap http enable" still stays in the running
config.

Has anyone heard of such a thing yet?

Best,
   Sebastian.