[c-nsp] Rec for full-table multi-peer bgp router?

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Mon Dec 5 15:01:32 EST 2016

On 1 Dec 2016, at 16:25, Azher Mughal wrote:

>> The SFP+ ports on 7280SR-48C6 do support 1G optics or they are 10G
>> only like on ASR9001 ?
> https://www.arista.com/assets/data/pdf/Datasheets/7280R-DataSheet.pdf
> It seems there is no 1G mentioned in the document about SFP ports.

At LONAP we are running 7280SR for both 10G and 1G edge - 1G is working
fine. We did not want to buy separate boxes for 1G, which is in decline
anyway for interconnection.

IIRC you will need the ‘Full L3 Scale license’ to get support for
this config. Not required for us as a l2 IXP.

--
Will Hargrave
Technical Director