[c-nsp] Ode to the old days

Mattias Gyllenvarg mattias at gyllenvarg.se
Thu Dec 8 06:46:09 EST 2016

Dear All

10year 4weeks 6days and about 11hours ago I was working for my first ISP
(ispA).

On that day I put a 3560-24TS into production as a device to terminate to a
Metronet running OSPF/BGP och public IP space.

A few years later I started consulting for ispB who later split into and
became ispC for whom I worked for several years.

After this I ventured into a smaller ISP (ispD) that was acquiring ispA.

During that time that 3560 has been working without issue or power
interruptions.
Today, that it was replaced to add MPLS capabilities to the node boasting
an up-time of 10 years 4 weeks 6 days and 11 hours.

I fear I will never beat this record in my career.

To the old gear!