[c-nsp] Ode to the old days

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Dec 8 16:36:25 EST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 09:29:01PM +0000, Nick Cutting wrote:
> The day I got my hands on a 3550, when I was new to networking - and I thought we will never ever need routers again ! Removed all our routers living on sticks

Yeah, the 3750 we bought "because it can do v6!".

And then I discovered that it can neither do v6, nor netflow, nor counters
on SVIs.  Spent the rest of its life as too-expensive L2 switch, and
fortunately died a few years later (after a much shorter lifespan than
normal Cisco gear, so it wasn't even built properly).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de