[c-nsp] Ode to the old days

Steve Mikulasik Steve.Mikulasik at civeo.com
Thu Dec 8 16:42:05 EST 2016

That reminds me of this comic http://i.imgur.com/FEiAgxh.gif

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gert Doering
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:36 PM
To: Nick Cutting <ncutting at edgetg.com>
Cc: cisco-nsp <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Ode to the old days

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 09:29:01PM +0000, Nick Cutting wrote:
> The day I got my hands on a 3550, when I was new to networking - and I
> thought we will never ever need routers again ! Removed all our
> routers living on sticks

Yeah, the 3750 we bought "because it can do v6!".

And then I discovered that it can neither do v6, nor netflow, nor counters on SVIs.  Spent the rest of its life as too-expensive L2 switch, and fortunately died a few years later (after a much shorter lifespan than normal Cisco gear, so it wasn't even built properly).

gert
                                                           http:////www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de