[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - sweet...got one in the lab

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 2 09:30:55 EST 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 08:22:58AM -0600, Aaron wrote:
> I don't see eigrp.

Thanks for checking - saw this in the product announcement, couldn't
believe it.  Especially as this is just control-plane stuff which is
already in XR 4+XR 5, so it was consciously taken *out*... (or "we didn't
think it's worthwile to port the eigrp process to Linux").

(And yes, I'm fully aware that using EIGRP has lots of drawbacks, like,
"vendor lock in" - but I still like the protocol as such, given that it
has had fast convergence, LFA, and all that nice stuff since 15+ years
now... - but finding out that EIGRP will even lock me out of *Cisco*
products now is just a tad annoying...  well... so I can just go and
buy some other vendors nice-and-fast 1RU box, right?)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de