[c-nsp] Cisco and ATM VC => Limit PCR

Rich Davies rich.davies at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:00:04 EST 2016

Olivier,

Based on your configuration it appears you are doing an ATM service type of
VBR-NRT (Variable Bit Rate, Non Real Time).    Based on VBR-NRT you can use
the following ATM traffic parameters:

PCR, CDVT, SCR, MBS

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/7200/design/ATM-traffic_management_guide/atmtrafc_1/atmtovw.html#wp1080353

So looks like you can set the PCR to 4830 as your operator has requested:

interface ATM1/0.937 point-to-point
 pvc LINKONE 1/937 l2transport
  vbr-nrt 4835 48735 1

You currently have a peak cell rate and average cell rate set to 2048 and
burst cell size set to 1.   I do not think you can set the CDV/MCR based on
VBR-NRT service type (those are CBR I believe).   You may want to increase
your burst rate from 1 to a higher value based on your bandwidth on the
link/PVC.

Rich