[c-nsp] Output drops on 2960

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Fri Feb 5 09:02:24 EST 2016

On 05/02/16 13:48, John Gaffney wrote:
> Not sure if I am looking at some microbursts, but it would seem to me
> the weak buffers in the thing cannot handle bursty traffic? We have
> dealt with microbursts before, but the switch is hardly doing 50% of
> the interface.

It's been discussed a number of times on this list, and others (perhaps
nanog-l) but yes; their buffers just aren't great.

You'll find this doesn't get much better until you hit the 4948/4948E
lines. Even the 3560-X/2960-S aren't really any better.

Though, I've not seen anything mentioned in regards to the newer 3650/3850.

--
Tom