[c-nsp] Really strange SIP (I think issue) on an ASR 1001X

Alistair C cisconsp at imf2000.org
Sun Feb 7 18:15:35 EST 2016

On 7 February 2016 at 04:00, Scott Granados <scott at granados-llc.net> wrote:

> Hi, this is a really strange problem for me and I’m hoping some others
> might have a clue because I’m a bit confused. It’s also long and involved
> so anyone busy or not interested stop here.

Think I may have seen a similar issue with an ASR1001 a few years ago. One
way voice to a specific route. In our case, a controller initially would
use the unicast mac destination mac of the ASR but then appeared to start
sending to a multicast mac address, which the ASR didn't seem to like.
Packet captures taken in different positions upstream and downstream of the
ASR1001.

Never did get anywhere as had to restore service for the customer, falling
back to an ASR1002 was our fix at the time.

--
Alistair C.