[c-nsp] Sup720: dumb question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 17 13:52:06 EST 2016

  Hey folks.  This is sure to be a dumb question, but I'm stumped.  I am
new to the 6500/7600 platform, but not new to Cisco in general.

  I've received a 7603 chassis with a Sup720 and I'm trying to get it
running.  I get nothing at all on the console port when I power it up.
Known-good cabling, etc.  All the LEDs eventually turn green and things
look good otherwise.  No amount of poking/prodding/power-cycling will
produce any output on the console port.

  At first I thought maybe I just got a fried Sup720 board, but I have a
second one from another source, also represented as being functional,
and it exhibits identical behavior.

  There's no CF card installed in either Sup720 board. (haven't gotten
that far..)

  Am I missing something?

  Also...I have an existing 6503; the 7603 chassis looks identical to
the 6503.  Are they in fact interchangeable?

               Thanks,
               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ