[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Feb 27 07:05:00 EST 2016

> On Feb 26, 2016, at 5:54 PM, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 26 February 2016 at 22:43, Phil Bedard <philxor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How you upgrade the whole OS is still a bit hazy though.  They have said it involves using a self-extracting ISO distribution similar to other Linux distros.  They are supporting PXE so theoretically you could automate the upgrades.
>
> We are not upgrading between versions only appying SMUs and service
> packs to the current version. In the case of moving from 4.3.4 to
> 5.1.3 and now moving to 5.3.3 (since that is the new extended
> maintenance release); the process is erase the box, and install from
> fresh, then upload the full config.

I would not load 5.3.3 until at least SP1 hits the street, there are a lot of defects Cisco is working through.

Just because something says EMR doesn’t mean it’s good, there were some very catastrophic issues in the 5.1.3 EMR, most notably that if you logged into the router twice at the same time over SSH you would no longer be able to login any more.

If you haven’t seen the TCP crash in 5.1.3 where that runs out of memory, CSCup67367 take a look at your memory usage.

- Jared