[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:07:16 EST 2016

On 26 February 2016 at 16:07, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> On 3/Feb/16 17:04, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
>

>> I've been told XR 6.x will have a new package handler, I am curious to
>> see if that actually fixes a lot of the problems. I kept stating to
>> people involved with XR that the Debian apt tool was better in 2000
>> than the package handling in XR in 2014.
>
> They said this about IOS XR 5, so I'm not holding my breath, but will be
> pleased if they come through.

I'm not even entertaining the idea of lab testing IOS-XR 6.x.x,
however Cisco are telling us that some of the long running bugs we
have had are finally fixed in XR 6. In particular a race condition
between BGP and MPLS when a PE is an ASBR (such as running Inter-AS
Option B) and a RR, amonsgt others, but that has been the worst I
think, causing traffic to become black-holed until the processes are
restarted.

Cheers,
James.