[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Fri Feb 26 17:56:49 EST 2016

On 26/02/16 22:43, Phil Bedard wrote:
> Well XR 6.0 is the first linux-based version. The new “install”
> command for packages is actually a wrapper for yum, so it includes
> things like dependency verification.
>
> How you upgrade the whole OS is still a bit hazy though.  They have
> said it involves using a self-extracting ISO distribution similar to
> other Linux distros.  They are supporting PXE so theoretically you
> could automate the upgrades.

I actually found a pretty neat demonstration of the new package
installation behaviour, by Nicolas Fevrier, posted on his YouTube
account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t91ylz3XJQ

Key takeaways

 - You point it at an HTTP repo, a-la Yum
 - It works out what is available on the repo
 - It works out what it should and shouldn't install

vs. 5.x, this seems like utter bliss. It's not quite Apt, but I'm happy
to see the improvement.

--
Tom