[c-nsp] How many maximum routes does Cisco 2900 router support?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Jan 5 12:06:25 EST 2016

The 2900 series is a generic CPU-based platform, which means it's not
TCAM-based and therefore has no distinct route count limit.

IOS software, features and their associated data structures, as well as
routes all compete for the RAM available. The choice of routing protocol
(and associated per-route and/or per-path overhead) will influence the
upper limit of the device.

However, I suspect CPU resources and route convergence time would be
more of the limiting factor than absolute route count.