[c-nsp] nagios ntp/clock check for Cisco devices ... ?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 05:50:59 EST 2016

On 06/01/16 03:41, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone recommend any good nagios checks for time drifting on Cisco routers and switches ?

We just use the standard "check_ntp_time" from nagios-plugins, after
having added the nagios box to the NTP "peer" ACLs.

This particular command compares the remote to local time so does assume
local time is right; you can use "check_ntp" on the local host to ensure
this, and make that service a dependency of the router/switch one to
avoid alerting if time has drifted on the nagios box temporarily (e.g.
after reboot, VM migration, etc.)