[c-nsp] lack of snmp parity with cli

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 07:43:32 EST 2016

On 07/01/16 11:13, Mike wrote:

> that my situation here isn't actually unusual and parsing the output
> from the cli for certain info is an accepted practice?

It's not unusual. It's rife across the industry, and Cisco are probably
slightly worse than average, for some subjective value of average.

Sometimes the SNMP MIB is present but performs horribly for various
reasons (usually having to sort-by-oid for getnext PDUs on very large
tables). We poll ARP/v6 neighbour by CLI script for exactly this reason.