[c-nsp] lack of snmp parity with cli

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 07:56:47 EST 2016

On 07/01/16 12:48, Nathan Ward wrote:
> On 8/01/2016, at 01:45, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Frankly, Cisco suck for automation.
>
> I don’t think that’s fair. IOS, sure.
>
> The real XML API stuff on IOS-XR is good. It’s no JunOS that’s for
> sure, but it was a very welcome surprise when I started tinkering
> with it.

Maybe. The class of products I need to run from Cisco don't (can't) run
XR so that's no use to me.

The "suck" is an assessment of their company-wide level of seriousness
and effort. If Cisco as a whole were serious about automation, they'd
have solved this one way or another - XR on all platforms, whatever.

Well done to the XR-using-products BU, but I'm afraid I don't cut
individual Cisco BUs slack, independent of the rest of the company ;o)