[c-nsp] ISDN on 15.1M on 7200?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jan 8 04:54:15 EST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:41:50AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> possibly naive question to the room... does ISDN BRI still work with
> 15.1M, as in "is it working for one of you"?
>
> I have a 7200 with 15.1(4)M9 here that I try to make ISDN calls on a
> PA-8B-S/T, and it refuses cooperation with a strange error message...

To follow up on this - most likely these problems are due to the
PA-8B-S/T being fairly old hardware, and hitting this field notice
about timing issues on the PCI bus in combination with 7200 VXRs...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/620/fn62452.html

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I would have bought a more recent
PA-8B-S/T from ebay, but nobody tells the full version number :-) - and
getting a "new and guaranteed working in VXR" one was just too expensive.

So, in the end, I used an 1803 with 12.4T on it, which does all I need
there (IPv4 and IPv6 VRF, IPv4 NAT, ISDN!)...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de