[c-nsp] ISDN on 15.1M on 7200?

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:46:21 EST 2016

Hey Gert,

> So, in the end, I used an 1803 with 12.4T on it, which does all I need
> there (IPv4 and IPv6 VRF, IPv4 NAT, ISDN!)...

You wanna stick to that release.

The 1800 series [180x/181x] halts and catches fire when collecting entropy
from the hardware encryption module (>= 15.1(4)M3) on the SPI bus that
is shared with the BRI controller and a ISDN call comes in at the "wrong"
moment:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/Cisco-SA-20140828-CVE-2014-3347

By the time the BU figured this out, the platform was fully EOL'ed, so:

"Administrators are advised to downgrade to a version of Cisco IOS
Software that does not use hardware entropy collection."

Aaahhh, fun times.

cheers,

Lukas