[c-nsp] SFP+to QSFP on the 6880

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 06:18:19 EST 2016

In the data sheets for the 6880, they mention a cable that will take 4 SFP+ ports and convert to a QSFP.
Has this cable been released? These datasheets are from 2013, and the 6880 has been out for some time.

I am looking to connect this to a Dell SAN switch, that has a QSFP handoff, and was looking for fiber options.

On the Dell side there is the QSFP+ to 4 x SFP+ breakout - which is a cable with attached SFP+ that would only support cabling in the same rack, AND require the "no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid" on the 6880 side.

What is more useful is the 4 SFP+ ports and convert to a QSFP, with transceivers possibly connected by fiber - so I can use these inter-rack.

I'm looking for a multivendor solution that will allow me to patch inter-rack either at 10 gig or 40 gig.

Any field experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick