[c-nsp] EEM not triggering on IOS-XE 3.11.1S

Arie Vayner ariev at vayner.net
Mon Jan 18 17:53:47 EST 2016

Stephen,

I think you are missing a bit more specifics on your event definition... It
just doesn't match a reaction event from IP SLA.

If you look here:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/eem/command/eem-cr-book/eem-cr-e1.html#wp2241131084

You can see that there are quite a few options to set what exactly you want
to trigger on with regards to IP SLA.
I think you have to define reactions or triggers to match on IP SLA related
events (events being state transitions... up to down, down to up, threshold
limits, etc)

To be honest, I got best results from EEM and IP SLA by EEM matching on the
syslog messages IP SLA produces...

Tnx
Arie