[c-nsp] IP SLB Performance

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Tue Jan 19 09:03:48 EST 2016

Hi all,

Does anyone have some kind of idea (or reference) to what kind of
performance one can expect on a IOS based ip slb (6500/SUP720)?

We're currently doing some 3Gbps on a virtual server with 10 real servers,
and thinking about moving this to a ip slb, provided it would perform
better.

Simple TCP based system, no session tracking required or anything fancy.
We're simply taking a tcp connection to the virtual server, and (currently)
NAT it to a private IP of the real servers.

--

Regards,
Chris Knipe