[c-nsp] 40G options for 6807

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Jul 13 17:20:43 EDT 2016

On 13/07/16 20:24, Peter Kranz wrote:
> For instance, the C6800-32P10G is labelled as an 8 Port 40GE/32 Port 10GE
> module, but there is no software release yet that supports the 40G
> operational mode, nor have I seen the required CVR-4SFP-QSFP adaptor
> available.

I would expect Nick meant 40G options to take advantage of the new
440G/slot SUP6T & PFC4-E hardware (or even, the full 220G/slot of SUP2T
in the 6807).

At the moment, none of the known cards can exceed 160G to the fabric,
and most don't exceed 80G.

Ref: http://d2zmdbbm9feqrf.cloudfront.net/2016/usa/pdf/BRKARC-3465.pdf

Couple that with uncertainty on >1M FIB scale, and it's a pretty poor
show; I'm quite glad to be far and away from Cat6k! :)

--
Tom