[c-nsp] Router 6504E - SUP 720 3B XL

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Jul 15 12:00:26 EDT 2016

Estagiario wrote:
> We have the option to purchase the chassis 7606s / sup 720 3B XL

It makes no difference.  It's still a sup720 3bxl and you're limited to
1G RAM.

SUP720 is not a platform you want to use for handling a DFZ on BGP.
RSP720 on c7600 should still work fine.

> have any advantage over 6504e in BGP networks?

The chassis makes no difference, although you would want to avoid the
non -E chassis in the 6500 platform because it's ancient (eol about 10
years ago).  The chassis should be extremely cheap - the second hand
market for these is saturated because people are retiring them off their
networks by the lorryload.

Nick